🦍 energy.

 

I haven’t been on here in years, but I decided to post regularly in 2021. I'm back! A life update is overdue as it has been so long since we’ve caught up. We are over a year into this pandemic with the irony of it being one of my best years. (No disrespect intended for the lives cut short.) I have gotten a lot accomplished and have been able to spend tons of quality time with my kids. Being a lounge manager/bartender, the shutdown gave me a much needed break, but I’m back every weekend now. Catch me there. If you know, you know. πŸŽ‰

Most importantly, I have a writing project I was requested for that I’m co-writing with one of my favorite people. If you happened upon this, hey queen heyyyy. πŸ‘‹πŸΌ  It’s a project I’m really passionate about and I’m excited to have the framework (mostly) worked out. I’m spending most of this weekend working on dialogue and scene structure. A recent tweak to the story has me obsessed. 😍

I’ve been back in school since fall of last year. Finishing up my bachelors degree is important to me. It’s more of a personal goal than a necessity. Learning trades, Investing, Real Estate, and Entrepreneurship is where it’s at and what I’m into. None require college. My future goals DO require college. πŸ˜“ I’m majoring in business, minor in marketing. I’m about halfway through. American Government competes with my writing project as my biggest procrastinations. πŸ₯² Add my kids’ remote learning on top of that, and you have hell. 😈 

Still located in Washington state, but moving soon. Although I love the beauty and progressive ways of the west coast, I will be leaving this year. All four seasons are beautiful here and I love the rain, but I’m a wanderer. It’s time to see and feel something different. Heading to the one place I thought I would never EVER have interest in, Texas. I’m deciding between two locations, but plan to give Washington one last summer before I go. πŸ”

I’ve gotten back into being serious about my health. As most that have followed me a while know, my health is of high importance to me. I love the gym and exercising. Getting back into it sucks because I wish I had not quit, but we are here now. I’m working up to where I was a year ago, then past that. My resilient, beautiful mother was diagnosed with terminal breast cancer at my age, 37. She had horrible health habits that I refuse to inherit. I owe it to my children to be here and set a better example for them. 

My nutrition is one of the biggest turn arounds I have made. I’m taking this entire year to transfer from pescatarian to vegan. I’m in a hybrid stage at the moment with some of my meals vegan, some vegetarian, and some still pescatarian. We are naturally herbivores, not omnivores. It just makes sense & it helps Mother Earth breathe. 🌍  We need her more than she needs us. The transition has not been hard and I feel better only one month in. 

Along the way I document my health and life journey through my social media accounts. I typically do not share the same things across different sites. You will see different parts of me depending on where you catch me. The breakdown goes like this:

•Facebook: Mostly for family and lifelong friends that don’t get on other social media accounts. Sporadically updated.

•Instagram: My fitness, health, wellness, and body positivity spot. Parallels my blog. Most commonly updated.

•Snapchat: Random shots and videos of what I’m doing at any given moment. 

•Clubhouse: Chat room love. πŸ–€

•Twitter: Thoughts that want to be jotted down. 

My handle is always, always @doubleshotofjen. 

The biggest change of the year is that I am single. This year will be the first time I have been single since I was a teenager. There is no negativity or malice attached. Some things run their course and you have to know when to let go. It’s all love. Now, with that being said, I am not looking for any relationship. With everything I have going on, I wouldn’t have time to invest in one properly at this time anyway. Getting to know someone is fine. A relationship though? Nah, I’m good. 

As I sift through friend requests, I find most of my rejections have one thing in common. They have a skewed view of women, either based on the women they dated or based on their inability to be accountable or heal. Either way, they don’t make it to my page. I easily offend and trigger weak men without trying. There is no need to accept the request only to have to delete the poor guy within days. I don’t like extra steps. Feel me? I am way too clumsy to handle fragile masculinity. πŸ₯΄ 

I have seen these men base most of their advice on how to keep a man. How to get a man. How to become a wife, properly, and how to pass the audition for a man. There are definitely women out here that will take that advice. There are women whose sole purpose is to find a man and a husband by any means necessary. Here’s the thing.

I am not that one. I have never been that one. Never will be.

There is no shortage of men. I, personally, would never and have never had to audition for one. My energy will always agitate fragile men because I refuse to try out for them. My energy will also always attracts those with BDE. It attracts secure men and triggers those still needing to heal. I’m cool with that. There are plenty of men that sit so comfortably in their masculinity that simple things don’t shake them. My one will find me and I will find him. I’m in no rush. ♥️

*πŸ‘―‍♀️If I learned anything last year, it is this. Women, please know your worth. Be true to exactly who you are. Do not ever change to audition for a mate. Your true match will never find you in the layers you hide behind. You have to be 100% authentically you to attract someone who digs that. Who cares if you deter what wasn’t meant for you in the process? πŸ‘‘

[update complete] 


Comments